As Kenyans plan for the festive season, the capital Nairobi is on the minds of many either as a destination or connection.
However, many might get stranded in the city centre following implementation of the matatu ban by the Nairobi City County government.
Public service vehicles, including long-distance buses, are among those banned from the CBD.
Therefore, prepare to board or be dropped off at the following new termini, as ordered by Mike Sonko administration:
- Waiyaki Way/Uhuru Highway, Kipande Road and Limuru Road: Murang’a Road (Fig Tree) Terminus A.
- Thika Road, Kiambu and Ruiru Road: Fig Tree Terminus B.
- Jogoo Road and Lusaka Road: Muthurwa bus terminus.
- Juja Road, Ring Road Ngara and Park Road: Ngara bus terminus.
- Mombasa Road and Langata Road: Hakati terminus.
- Ngong Road: Retained at Railways terminus.
- High capacity PSVs taking people upcountry: Machakos terminus.
- City Hoppa, Kenya Bus Services, which are on multiple routes within the city, will be stationed at Central Bus Station.