Kenya Coach Industries (KCI) and General Motors East Africa will today Tuesday 16th December 2014 commission a sh 500M Isuzu and Chevrolet showroom, service workshop, parts center and body building facility in Nairobi, designed to market quality bus bodies and grow the transport industry in the country.
Kenya’s motor industry has grown significantly as compared to similar period last year (26 per cent year on year growth – 2013/ 2014) with GMEA sales having grown by 35%. Market share grew to 28.3 per cent from 26.1% last year.
KCI was founded in 1973 as a sister company for a local body building company Labh Singh Harnam Singh (LSHS) with a focus on providing sales and marketing support for LSHS and was in 1990, appointed GMEA Sales and After sales dealer for Isuzu trucks and buses in Nairobi region.
- WHAT: Ground Breaking of the KCI Facility
- WHERE: Libra House, East Gate Road, along Mombasa Road
- WHEN: Tuesday, 16th December 2014
- TIME: 8.30 am
- Mr. Takanobu Furuta- Executive, Vice President. Isuzu Motors
- Mr. Narain Singh Sokhi- CEO, Kenya Coach Industries
- Rita Kavashe- MD General Motors East Africa
- Mr. Akazawa- General Manager, Africa &Latin America Group
- Shigeru Kohno- Itochu Corporation
Transport will be available from town at 7:45 am