Teen hospitalised after air freshener causes car explosion

Fire fighters extinguish the inferno that left a teenager injured after an air freshener caused a car explosion

A German teenager has suffered serious injuries after accidentally creating an explosion in the family car with air freshener. Police in the western city of Duisburg say the 17-year-old boy had been trying Wednesday to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke in a recently purchased second-hand Volkswagen SUV. They say the teen sprayed so much air freshener inside the vehicle that it turned into a “combustible gas mixture.” The gas ignited when he opened the passenger door and a light switched on. Police said in a statement Thursday that the force of the explosion blew out the vehicle’s large glass sunroof. The unidentified teen was hospitalized with burns to both arms.

Source : Standard Media 

What Are Your Thoughts

Share with us what you think about this article


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here