Following are the requirements for registration of vehicles in Kenya;
- Duty and VAT receipts
- Import entry form (Form 63)
- Foreign log book translated into English
- Port Release Order
- Bill of Lading or Airway Bill
- Clean Report of Findings (CRF)
- Import Declaration Form (IDF)
- Authority to enter goods for home use from the Commissioner of Customs & Excise
- Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) if the vehicle is for commercial use.
- A temporary Importation Document (Form C44A or C44)
- Road manifest or Carnet de Passages in the case of vehicles imported by road
- Foreign Vehicle Receipt/License
- Personal Identification Certificate Number (PIN) card
- Certified copy of national identity card of vehicle owner or valid Passport.
- Insurance cover
- A dully filled Form “A” personally signed by the Importer.
KRA would like to inform all motorists that the above mentioned are the requirements for vehicle registration as well as vehicles intended for use locally. In the case of vehicles for temporary use in the country or for Transit vehicles, please obtain further information from the Registrar of Motor Vehicles in Times Tower, Nairobi, or the Mombasa office located in Customs house.
Adopted from: www.revenue.go.ke