We know it all, you wash the car, and hey, what was it? an annoying stone chips, right where you put most attention to it …
This blog has the answers to:
- What can you do?
- How can you do yourself – to repair the chip in the paint itself?
- What can you do to ensure you do not get stone chips in the paint?
Are there any cheap and easy ways to solve the problem?
What can you do?
- 1st Complacency – the problem is coming rust.
- 2. Paint the front flap – the problem is that often comes color difference.
- 3. Terminate with a Paint, the problem is that generally people are really poor for that!
Let us build on number 3, then option 1 and 2 are not very good.
- There are 2 types of Paint
- a step – that is paint and color in one!
- Two Step – color first, then paint!
- Wash the car thoroughly.
- If there has been a bit of rust – Sharpen the place where the chip has been that is DOWN in the chip, not around the chip.
- There is no reason to weaken the paint around. Consider using a coarse abrasive, and do it with a cotton swab.
- If there is rust, so do not grind! Just intent to step fourth
- Make sure the wound is clean – and dry.
- here comes the secret trick! – A little color on a morten brush – or the finest brush you can buy in a hobby shop – then add less than 1 drop, about 1 / 10 drop of color in the wound on the car – and blow SOFT so it distributed properly.
- Wait until the color hardens
- With a different brush, you are doing the same trick with clear lacquer. make sure it does not lie beside the wound, but fills out nicely.
- Then wait a week or so – to the paintwork has been well and thoroughly.
- Vandslib bubble excess paint with a grain 3,000 if you have the nerve for it, and then polishing up thoroughly – preferably with a machine.
- Water sanding marks and hand polishing does not hand in hand!
- Do any vandslib and hand polish if you’re more into the solution.
- Polishing then the car up with Karma Coarse polishing cream, or Karma Between Polishing Cream until it is nice and shiny again.
- Remember to use a good Car Paint Sealant and a good wax afterwards